Monday, August 18, 2014

The Focal Point of My Ministry

Image source here
I came across a post this morning that I found to encapsulate the goal and purpose of my ministry and my preaching in particular. In fact, that focus is embedded in the title of my blog: Pointing Up. Women's ministry spurred her blog (read it here), but the insights apply across the board in any church or ministry.

This is a quote from Kate Conner's post:
To harp on my "women's issues" at the cost of ever having time to harp on the glory of God and the gospel of Jesus is to miss the whole darn thing. So, if you think you don't like women's ministry, or church or whatever, maybe you're just tired of looking at yourself. If you're OVER hearing how to be a better person and you wonder what's wrong with you because hearing that "you are a child of God" doesn't really move or impress you very much -- you're not alone. I was there too. I suspect that we are all just starving for The Main Thing. If that's you, be encouraged. You're not missing it, you're getting it. Just look up. Find a community that looks, and talks, and points UP....Stop looking at yourself and your life and your habits through Jesus-lens -- and just look at glorious, radical King Jesus.
 Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment